Wednesday 3 April 2013

London-Edinburgh-London-Swindon

I'm leaving on a jet plane!

Today I'm off on a train to London for 2 days, then flying to Edinburgh for 4 days, then back to London for 4 days, then to Swindon for a couple - and for this I need to PACK like Steven Seagal - Aka, like a NINJA ASSASSIN.
 It's all gotta fit in this bad boy...

100ml containers for shampoo, conditioner and Sea salt spray!  You're only allowed to take ten 100ml liquids!  I've already got eleven without trying!

Bought these in Carmarthen the other day > >
Travel size of my  skin care regimen.







Sea salt spray, Shampoo, Body wash, face wash, toner, night and day creams, conditioner, BB Cream.  Face wipes and deodorant aren't counted.  BUT - what about tooth paste?  I still need a travel size dry Shampoo - that's eleven already! #stressmounts.
I've packed my handbag!

I chose this bag for it's fantastic compartmentalisation!  It has more pockets then an army flack jacket!

Gloves (might be snowing in Scotland), Oyster card, cell and Ipod (gotta have me tunes), Ear buds, 2 lipsticks, Lip balm, perfume oil, hand cream (12th liquid!!) Chewing gum, band-aids (heel wearers savior) Mirror - everything in a cute little pouch so it doesn't all get lost in there.

I've decided I only need 2 necklaces (then I can buy more while I'm away) and one bangle.  For hats I have a warm one (wooly one with rose) and a cute one (red newsboy cap)





< < This is my outfit for the train to London

* White Blazer - Zara
* Pink mini - M&S
* Scarf - Lakeland
* Leggins - Select
* Tops - Witchery
* Necklace - Tenby
* Bangle - Boutique in Cambridge (NZ)
* Heels - New Look

I just bought this skirt the other day - I LOVE it, such a bright color and the fabric is quite thick and kind of wooly - so its a mini skirt, but it is warm.

It's going to be a varied few weeks so I need my packing to multi task.  I'll be walking around doing touristy things #saintPaulsCathedralHolla, I've got 2 high teas in London (gotta dress fancy for that) and Ange and I are going to try fit in some jogging = clothes I can sweat into #euw

 Ive only packed 2 pairs of shoes!!  The heels and my blue converse All Stars.  Thinking I might bring my knee high boots as well if there's room once it's all in there.

I've sort of made a list of things I'll do while away - one thing I have found to be a total saving grace in a new city is my Android smart phone and Google maps!  You can type in an exact address and star it on the map so you don't forget all the places you want to see!  I bought a giffgaff sim card and bought the 12 pound goody bag on pay as you go. I get unlimited texts, 250 minutes of calls and unlimited mobile internet - so the only thing I have to worry about is my battery dying!  If you're here even just for 2 weeks I would recommend buying a UK sim card unless you have a great deal with your mobile provider for overseas roaming - it can end up costing you thousands depending on what you use your internet for.

Wow - this is the most writtey post I think I've ever written!  Hope I didn't bore you guys!

 I will be away from the blog, still posting but probably won't have much time to respond to comments, or visit your blogs - but I will miss you guys!! - I get email alerts on my phone when you leave a comment so if ya want feel free to get in touch :-D

You can see my real time exploits on Instagram @crimsonking1984







Hope you guys have a great two weeks and I'll see you all real soon :-D

♥ ♥  Paula Shoe Fiend ♥ ♥

31 comments:

  1. oo lovely handbag!!!!!!
    Gorgeous <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's handpainted - not by me ;-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  2. Hi this is a lovely blog honey I think we should follow on GFC and Bloglovin? what do you think?
    let me know I'll follow back for sure
    New post is up on my blog you should have a look :)
    oxoxoxo
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Id love us to follow each other. im away from the laptop for the week but I'll visit your blog and leave a comment when I've added you. happy blogging :-)

      <3 Paula shoe fiend

      Delete
  3. beautiful pics my dear!!!
    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Instagram is addictive ;-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a great time! I love having a nosey at what stuff other people pack, only because I always take loads of unnecessary accessories and makeup!
    thanks for posting :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always pack too many impractical shoes >:D I didnt this time and ended up buying 2 pairs!

      <3 Paula Shoe Fiend

      Delete
  5. great review dear! you seem to have a lot of interesting stuff inside! ;D

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was trying for only the basics - but still ended up with too much :'(

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  6. Great post!! Like the outfit you were going to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Train journeys should be stylish not perfunctory (like plane trips #wink)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your trip. :)
    http://www.kittenreviewsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks! They're not all of food ;-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  9. Nice post and it seenms you're going bac and forth for a few days so yes you're right a nice/easy to carry bag is absolutely necessary!
    I followed you blog on Google & Bloglovin :)
    http://futurereflectionsk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I look forward to seeing you again :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  10. Great pictures. I love your handbag.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's so unique! I love it.

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  11. Don't be silly! I love to read a post with words and it's not boring at ALL alright? I think it's real fun that there's a short description to go with every picture because then we would know "ohhh that's why you got that" and there's humour in them too! Like how you have 11 bottles of 100ml without trying even when the max that you could bring is 10 >D

    Hope you have a superb trip and we can't wait to see your next post on your trip updates, especially on the high tea one since you are going to dress fancy! <3

    mish
    www.mishberries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - The ten bottles all have to fit in one sealed snap lock bag!!! That was hard ;-)

      <3 Paula Shoe Fiend

      Delete
  12. Your pictures from instagram are amazing! I love this post cause I recently went on holidays and I love seeing how oher people manage to fit everything into their bag! I hope you have an amazing time on holidays! :D Your blog is great I love it! :)
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out I didn't fit it ALL in - never mind, wasn't the end of the world ;-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  13. nice pics dear!!!!!!!!!!!
    happy week-end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    kisses *_*

    lipstickrouge.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did ;-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  14. I love your blog!
    Such a nice pictures and so inspiring!
    Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Happy to follow you :)
    Sweet kisses

    www.limaswardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy blogging.

      <3 Paula Shoe Fiend

      Delete
  15. Lovely blog!
    Wanna follow each others blogs on GFC and BLOGLOVIN? Let me know!
    Kisses, Gabi
    http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have visited your blog, left a comment and added you to my bloglovin and GFC. Happy blogging

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  16. Ok first things first, enjoy your trip!! London is one of my favorite places on the planet, I'm so jealous of you. Can't wait to see pictures! Seeing the photo of the Oyster card made me so nostalgic. I need to go... LIKE NOW!

    Second, I'm curious about what this high-tea business is?

    I love how organized you are. Those statement necklaces and the blue heels look gorgeous. Converse is all you're going to be wearing in UK's shitty weather, trust me :)

    Lastly, what is this sea salt business? Is it good? I'm also curious about Kerastese becuase I was planning on using it a while ago.

    Sorry for all the questions. ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! London is the BEST.
      First things first: High tea is a posh excuse to eat AS MUCH delicious food as you can while dressed fancy - it's great! I'm going to post photos so you can all be jealous #wink. Second - I ended up taking my knee high boots as well and got A LOT of wear out of them! Third, the seaweed is meant to be a clarifying agent to help control shine, but I'm finding it to be a bit too drying? And Kerastace is the only hair products my hair doesn't throw back up onto me = it's good!

      Happy blogging!
      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete