Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunday Baking - Choc Drop Shortbread


Today's recipe is something I have made time and again and ALWAYS had fantastic results.  I made a cranberry almond version for Christmas presents, a cheese one for savoury kicks, I even passed it onto my sister for running club treats.  This time I added chocolate chips but you can omit these and go plain or add your own tasty flavours!

Ingredients:

130gms Butter (I grate the butter on top of the dry ingredients - makes the whole process quicker)
60 gms Sugar (powdered sugar gives a smoother result while caster gives some roughage)
130gms Flour
60gms cornflour (I use ground almonds instead but you could use rice flour too)
pinch salt
50gms each of dark choc and milk choc drops (or chopped chocolate)

Method:

Rub chilled butter into sifted dry ingredients until the consistency of fine breadcrumbs, knead to form a dough, then add any fillings you desire (dried fruit, nuts, chocolate) At this stage you can either press into a tin and prick with a fork or you can roll it into a log and cut into 5mm slices then prick with a fork.  Bake at 150 Celsius for 30 mins or until golden brown on the bottom but still pale on top (this low slow form of cooking makes the most melting delicate shortbread you have ever tasted!)


This recipe is adapted from a shortbread the gorgeous Lorraine Pascale
made on her show "Baking Made easy".
Former model and now chef - #careerenvy

Let me know if you try it/plan to try it and how your'e getting on.

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment