Wednesday 24 April 2013

Glaswegian Purchasessss

Hello again - just a few little purchases from my Scottish adventures:  I couldn't buy a lot as I had to get it back to London on a flight from Edinburgh - this did not stop me from buying...

2 Pairs: shoes - Glasgow.


 Can't remember the name of this store - it's on Argyle St.
The window was SO PRETTY I took a pic for Instagram

♥ ♥ ♥ LOOK AT ALL THE SHOES! ♥ ♥ ♥

Whilst making my name known on "The High Street" I came across these lively fellas (above)
They were AWESOME - I gave them 2 Quid ;-)

I also came across this street art (Left)
Just down a tiny little lane parallel to High Street 
(in every British city/town there's a high st and a "High street" - all the shopping is considered the "High Street" but it's not always ON High Street - you confused?  I am just proof reading this)

The rendering is just amazing - it looks so realistic - almost like there IS a giant woman reaching down to pick you up!

The Cathedral was couvered in scaffolding as they're cleaning it so I did'nt get many good pictures of that - I think I've seen enough cathedrals now anyway ;-)
One thing I'm GUTTED I did'nt have time to check out is The Necropolis a giant Victorian graveyard that houses 50,000 people.  It has a mixture of amazing Monuments (3,500) and gravestones.  As it was a beautiful day I would have loved to have had a chance to walk around and just absorb the atmosphere.  Might have to go back ;-)
George Square - with the city chambers in the background.

Glasgow was an amazing city!  It really blew me away with it's history and beautiful ornate architecture.  I definitely recommend a visit.  I managed to catch the train from a friends house in Perth - was an hours journey each way for only about 16 quid!  
Oh and they're tube is sometimes refered to as "The Clockwork Orange" as it loops a circle with clockwise and anti clockwise directions and is painted predominantly orange - however after having seen the movie I don't know that I ever wanna go down there -_-

Yall should check it out!
Till next time - ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

No comments:

Post a Comment