Tuesday 23 April 2013

Covent Garden Market & Hair by Fairy

Today I'm going to show you a few little gems from Covent Garden - sure it's a comercial high street with all your usual chain store suspects as well as the higher end designer stores like Mulberry and Burberry - but if you head down any of the myriad side streets you may come across a gem!
 Thomas Neal's - Opposite Urban Outfitter's, unassuming entrance to COOLEST LITTLE MINI MALL EVER...
 Cute Boutique where I bought this Bag
  I can't remember the name of the boutique - but next time I go there I'll come back here and let ya know.
r


 Neal's Yard - Home of "Hair by Fairy" a cute walk-in hairdresser.  It's only 17 pound for a shampoo and style cut, or if you're more fussy like me, a full style cut and blow-dry for 35 pound.
I went once and had to go back!  I would definitely recommend it to ANYONE - Boys too ;-)

 Cute window graphic for a vintage boutique outside Neal's Yard
It reads: "Don't follow fashion - Buy something already out of date"
That's me - I LOVE fashion - it's just a complete coincidence if I follow it.

 
 Cupcake Stand - I bought a Magic Middle Peanut Butter Cupcake - Had peanut butter in the middle
Artisan Bread stall - gluten free, sourdoughs, quiches, PRETZELS

 < Savoury Muffins and Bread in a pot - literally breads baked into teracotta pots.
> SAUSAGE!  PASTIES - if you guys coulda SMELLED IT!

 If you're ever near Covent Garden on a Thursday you should DEFINITELY check it out - there are also fresh meals prepared on site out of all the fresh produce - AND THE SMELLS!  If I hadn't just had a sausage Bap for brekkie I would have bought a lot more than a cupcake and 4 macaroons #blush.

And I've already explained my penchant for taking photos of shop windows...
HERE'S SOME MORE!
 < Random Patisserie in Covent Garden.                       Look at all the Panetone Lined up!! >
 Beautifully decorated cakes.
 SO CUTE!

Until next time..

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.


20 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Loved your blog and can't wait to see your next posts!

    Oh, I just started following you by the way! Hope you come by my blog! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it?

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I'd love to follow you back - I'll check out your blog and leave a comment :-D

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  2. Nice post and lovely pics!!!!
    Kisses darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - see ya soon :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  3. Oh my god those cakes!! They look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? The coulors are INSANE.

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  4. that seems so interesting! i would love to go there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely have to put it on your bucket list!

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  5. I've been there before and loved it!

    That bag you bought is really cute.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great aye :-D

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  6. love covent gardens!! xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I was watching a program about Hitchcock the other night and in the 70's it was a working class produce market! Whodda thought?

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! It look so bright and colourful and fun! I'd be window shopping in those side streets for hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah - it's a real treasure trove.

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comment <3

    Come visit me soon! Oh, I just posted by the way... let's see what you think:D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh - yes I'm off that way now.

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  9. A full style cut and blow-dry for 35 pounds?? That's really inexpensive!! But considering I'd have to get a plane ticket, I'm still better of cutting hair here.:D And I hadn't have my breakfast yet so thank you for posting these photos. No, really, THANK YOU.:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I suppose factoring in the plane fare it becomes less inexspensive... ;-)
      Oh and it's my pleasure to have surprised your empty stomach >:D

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  10. What a great find! I would want to eat everything!!

    xx Luisa
    Why Don't You Make Me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go with a full stomach for sure!

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete