Friday 8 March 2013

Swindon

Swindon - it's waaay better than you think

Ok, so my sister lives in Swindon and EVERyone always asks "why?"
And I have decided to answer the question the best way I know how - through interpretive pictures... 
of SHOPPING.

Situated in the old Rail warehousing - this place boasts some serious brands:
*Next *Gap *Hugo Boss *Ralph Lauren *Kurt Geiger and the forever lovely *Ted Baker.
 

Plus they have these giant lego sculptures ..?
 Kurt Geiger Platform Heel with studs.
 Osprey London Handbag!
Me photographing my feet...
 These are similar to some "to-die-for heels" off Shoe Mint
But as they don;t ship out to the UK I have to make do with these pale imitations!
I didn't buy them though as the heels were too slippery - Might have to do a DIY
or stalk them on Ebay >:-( 
 Next outlet - blazer and neon Nailpolish.
This blazer is endlessly versatile - but not very well made :-(

Neon yellowy green - you gotta love it
Lakeland - generally leather products but I couldn't resist this cute hand knitted scarf
It's so warm too!
Cosmetics Company - Discounted Make-up
 Clinique - High Impact Mascara
Smashbox - Eye shadows for Hazel eyes.  Soft and smoky trio.
Step Two: Head into town...
You can't go past the British high street... and I was no exception - picked me up 3 cute printed things at H&M

 Dress, Leopard print cardi and Neon Leopard print shirt.
Outfit posts to come ;-)
I also picked up 2 cardis and 2 skirts at Gap outlet but this post is becoming picture heavy ;-)

Step Three:  Head to the Tented market.

Image via Google image search - theirs was better than mine ;-)
There are one of these in every town in Britain - they're little stall shops in a big building.  There's always at least ONE used vinyl stall - in swindon there were TWO:
* Blood on the Tracks 
*Music Mayhem
I picked me up:

 
King Crimson:
Discipline* &
Three of a Perfect Pair*
*Images via Google Image Search.

What do you think?  Did I convince you of Swindon's unique charms?

AND YOU THOUGHT THERE WAS NOTHING TO SWINDON!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I´ve just found your blog and realize it really nice!
    I´m following now, maybe we can follow each other:

    http://stylebythree.blogspot.pt/

    xx Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa - Thanks for the compliment :-)
      Sure I'll follow you - It's great to meet other fashion fiends :-D

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  2. You had the most successful shopping trip! I love those, bit jealous, my last shopping trip was a major fail. I hate when you are so keen to go out and buy something lovely and nothing inspires you. So well done!

    Alyssa
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so know what you mean - when I first arrived in the UK it was Christmas time. I was so keen to buy buy buy, but it was really overwhelming, the stores have 10x the merchandise they do in NZ, you have to QUE to make a purchase and I was all bugged out by the exchange rate! You can see I got over that swiftly enough.
      Happy shopping :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete
  3. It's really amazing! what a great blog I love it. really great contribution.


    to get rent in Rent in swindon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks - I do it for you guys :-)

      ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

      Delete