Monday, 11 March 2013

Southampton

So I tagged along to Southampton with my sister and her partner when they went to visit with family
AND WAS BLOWN AWAY - it is a truly beautiful city - with picturesque sea views, a beautifully maintained medieval city, fantastic shopping and a famous history - Titanic began it's voyage from Southampton.
I spent the day shopping, walking and generally soaking up all that Southampton had to offer.

Look at the beautiful weather that day!
 Medieval merchant's house - 14th Century.  Thought to be the earliest complete 
medieval house surviving in England.  It's a museum but was closed that day :-(
 Can you imagine living in a city where this view is everyday?
City Wall - Circa 14th Century - Now a picturesque walking bridge
and great photo taking vantage!
The Bargate - Built 1180.
View of West Quay Shopping Center from the city walls.  
Statue of Southampton Mayor John le Flemming 1298 - 1336

And some of my purchases that day...

Loiuse Gray makeup brush set from Top Shop - these are so silky soft.
No longer available online - sorry cats.


Accessorize - Hat and bag.  This bag is so awesome!  You fill it to the brim and effortlessly chuck it over your shoulder!
Classic White Blazer from Zara


Medieval Merchant's Hall 15th Century - Being a seaside city trade was a big part of Southampton's history.

I miss you Southampton - I want to go back! 
I also wish the weather was more like this all the time!

By the way - I leave links for you guys so you can peruse online at your leisure - I don't receive anything from company's if you choose to click on them.  #I_don't_blog_for_the_fame_or_riches ;-)